Friday, May 4, 2012

Early Review: On Demon Wings by Karina Halle


On Demon Wings by Karina Halle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Expected Publication: May13th 2012
MetalBlonde Books
Thank You Karina Halle for bringing this fan-fucking-tastic series to my attention last year...you Rock!

"Perry," he said quietly, his fingers trailing down the side of my face, "you'll never have to save my life. You gave me life. I never lived a single day until the first day I met you."

At the end of Lying Season...I was litterally D-YING!! Being a huge supporter of Dex and Perry's relationship I wanted to KILL Dex when he did what he did..while also realizing his utter remorse soon after! All the push and pull and whatnot with those two is really makes this series quite feckin' entertaining. Add that to all the supernatural shit that goes on and you got a winner! On Demon Wings was definitely my favorite of the series! In this installment Perry goes through a lot of ups and downs, trying the heal and create a new life for herself sans Dex. Still seeing ghosts and trying to have a more positive look on life, Perry faces her most challenging battle to date. Her lows were so great in regards to her hear break it was heard to fathom at times. Karina Halle does a fantastic job of making you feel the hurt then the next thing you know....BAM! Some shit goes down and you're like..."What the fuck?!". I know when I went to the kitchen to get some water last night...I was freaking the freak out!!


One of the things I loved about this book was Perry and Ada's relationship...it was good to see them start to trust each other and count on one another. I really think Perry should listen to her lil sis more especially in regards to a certain someone...but I wont name cuz Im not gonna spoil nothing;) Said someone is a complete douchecanoe(God I love that word) if you ask me....but whatevs!


All in all, Winner winner chicken dinner, I say! I loved every second of it and was scared shitless to boot! Anytime you're thanking someone for creating something that Literally made you almost piss your pants is saying something! Alls Im saying is read this series at night....see where that gets you! But seriously...READ THIS BOOK....it really is the most original, scary, most fantastic, dark and gritty series out there! BTW...That cover is sick and it makes so much sense now!

".......You have every right to hate me for this lifetime and many others. You have every right to never see me again. To spit on my grave. But tonight, now, I'm not going to give up on you or," his voice fell with weight, "die trying."


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to chat...drop me

XOXOXO
VanesMate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...